My planning for this year isn’t done, but I do have a few things in mind already:
- To do a lot of canoe camping trips, and bring my kids with me. My youngest is getting big enough for me to dare to take her along in the canoe
- I’ll make another attempt at getting out on at least one overnighter each month of the year, and I’d really like to succeed in spending 10% of the nights outdoors.
- A 3-day trip to Trestickan (I’m going on Thursday, but I’d like to get back there in spring or early fall too)
- A 3-4 day canoe camping trip at Halen-Raslången-Immeln this spring. This will be my first longer canoe camping trip, and I’m really looking forward to it.
- A weeklong canoe camping trip in Femundsmarka this summer. I thought about doing the ACT in Greenland this summer, but I’ll probably wait for the kids to grow older before I do this trip, and do a week in Femundsmarka instead.
- An Ultralight ultracheap hiking trip. This is something I’m really looking forward to trying. I’ve acquired a complete set of ultracheap lightweight gear while buying stuff for my family and also stuff I’ve bought for myself. I’ll post my updated ultralight ultracheap gear list in an upcoming post and it’ll be a fun test.
- I’d like to do another social hiking trip again. It was fun to meet other hikers in general, and especially to meet UL hikers and discuss gear and stuff like that.
These are some of the things I have planned for 2018. I hope it will be a great year, and I’m looking forward to it.
2 thoughts on “Plans for 2018”
Pingback: Starting to plan for the summer – Småland Outdoor
Pingback: Summary of 2018 – Småland Outdoor